Decision Day

      When trying out InDesign and Premiere pro I noticed many different things. InDesign is a great way to edit text and photos. It is very simple to get using with only a few instructions needed. On the other hand Premiere pro is more complicated. Premiere pro has amazing affects and abilities within the software to make a beautiful video. Although this may be true it is extremely challenging to get the videos uploaded onto the software. Premiere pro also takes longer to understand and figure out how it works. InDesign would make it easier for me to deliver my story than Premiere pro would. But Premiere pro would make it look better and be more interesting in my opinion. I believe both of these programs are very high quality and would make my project look good. With just a little bit of learning these software's can become very useful. InDesign I thought was an easy software to use that had many affects and options to make my project look professional. Premiere pro was also a very high end editing software but for videos. The videos I saw edited in this software were extremely professional looking. I would love to learn more about both InDesign and Premiere pro because I think they could be very useful to use in my life later on. 

 InDesign

Premiere Pro


         I believe Premiere pro would restrict me more than help me at this time because I haven't practiced enough. But InDesign I think would help me create a beautiful end product. That's why for my portfolio project I will chose magazine because I believe I will be able to make high quality work when working with InDesign. Once I learn more about Premiere pro I would love using it more because I believe this is a very interesting and useful software that with time to learn can create beautiful videos and films.

       In the article "Survival of the Fittest: Four editors on the future of Literary Magazines" it states "Literary Magazines have never faced so much adversity, yet they have also never had so many opportunities to grow". I believe with tools like InDesign the authors of these magazines have the opportunity to really make there magazine stand out. This article also states that "Those magazines willing and able to adapt to the new literary landscape are poised to break fresh ground, and may end up saving the future of the lit mag." InDesign and other software's can make this change for magazines easier and maybe help there reader level up again. 

     According to "Our Place in the Universe: the importance of storytelling in the classroom" states "Storytelling is a part of who we are as humans". We can't get rid of books and magazines because they tell us stories. So we must use different software to create a new type of magazine that will catch people's eye. For all those reasons for my portfolio I chose to do the magazine as my portfolio project.

Comments