To Team or Not to Team

   I have arrived at my decision to work with a team member instead of working independently for my Aice Media Studies portfolio. I decided to pick Olivia as my partner for the project. Olivia and I work very well together on projects. We also are very different at the same time which makes us a great team. When viewing her social media I found that it was simple but cute. I believe Olivia and I will bring a good team project to the table. This is why I chose my partner, Olivia.

  When picking my team mate I reviewed an article called "The effect of personality type on team performance" by John H. Bradley which states " Personality types have an essential role for the success of IS development team performance". When I was picking a team mate I took this into consideration. Olivia who is an introvert is perfect for me who is an extrovert. This gives our team a great advantage by having our personalities mesh well together. In this same article it states "Does the team have the best types of people to get the job done? The type of job being done should have some influence on the types of people who are selected to be on a team." With our team Olivia and I both bring different things to the team. Olivia is a very good writer and is smart. While I am creative and love design. This makes us a very strong team with our different skill sets.

  Another article I looked at was "Team building and group dynamics: creating and fostering a culture of teamwork requires trust, collaboration, and accountability" by Eli Becker stated ""I wanted to give my colleagues an end-to-end picture of who they are, from their own understanding as well as from other people's perspective--to learn that maybe you have a dominant personality style and be able to understand how that relates to your emotional intelligence or to your leadership skills" Olivia and I know each other very well we also know what skills we are good in and how we work. We know each others personality types very well and what areas we are strong or weak in. This helps our team by already knowing our working styles.

 We also did an activity called "Lost at Sea". For this activity you and your team mates have to choose what items are the most essential when at sea after a fire on the ship. When we reviewed our scores I found that I had a better score when working with a team. For this activity Olivia and I had different opinions on some of the items, but we discussed it and came to a solution that worked for both of us. We both have great communication skills when working together. This helps our team out a lot when we have disagreements we always come to a solution that makes us both happy.

  Overall for me I work better with team mates than individually. This is why I am choosing to work in a team. Once I decided to work with a team I knew I needed a team mate. This is when I decided to pick Olivia. Olivia and I have worked on projects together in the past and we both work very well together. So I have chosen Olivia to work with on my portfolio for this year because I know we will create an amazing end result.

  







Comments