Storyboard
When creating my storyboard at first I thought it was just another assignment. But I ended up finding it very helpful to lay my ideas out. I tried creating what I had discussed in my refinement chart but I found that I needed to change some of my fonts and my layout. It was good that I found this out before making my actual magazine. The storyboard was definitely a little challenging thinking about how I wanted my end product to look. But overall I really thought it was a very smart idea to show a bunch of ideas. I love the concept of the storyboard because nothing is permanent its just an experimentation to see what fits best. I believe that storyboarding can be used for any sort of brainstorming of ideas.
When reading one of the articles I also saw that these authors found the storyboard very useful. According to "Storyboard your way to success" by James M. Higgins it states "Storyboarding is flexible. It is comprehensive. And it allows a group to generate a lot of ideas". Although the storyboard may be a little challenging it allows flexibility and ideas to flow from your mind onto the paper. Another article I read was "Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginner's guide" by Annemaree O'Brien it states "Planning is a crucial part of the pre-production process. You need to have a STORY OUTLINE, a SCRIPT, and a STORYBOARD before you can begin shooting". Although in this case the author is talking about films. Storyboarding can also be very useful for planning a magazine. For my portfolio project I am doing a magazine so at first I was doubtful to how much help this would bring me. But throughout my process of creating my storyboard I started to find it very helpful.
When I was drawing my storyboard I made a few changes. Originally in my magazine I wasn't going to fill it with pictures. But once I started creating my storyboard I found that I wanted to add more color. So I started adding more of my personal photography and I loved the result. Storyboarding is a great concept that I would definitely use again in the future.




Comments
Post a Comment